Tuesday 29 March 2011

My First Pedal.

And so this peeps- is my first ever distortion pedal that I've ever personally bought. This essentially means it's 'mine' and so like an excitable 8yr old I'm staring at it and touching it (the pedal come on now) lots. Yes.. I have no leads. Yes it's a bass distortion pedal BUT it sounds unfathomably Betamax for my home-made customised Les Paul 2-string guitar: http://yfrog.com/gzntwnrj

The lovely Brett Anderson came to see us play last night with his wife. After munching the finest baked potatoes I've ever had (and a bit of a life saver to be honest.. Might have been a bit merry) we headed off to Notting Hill Arts Club. I got to use my 'Fab Fuzz' for the first time and MY did it sound sexual!! The best £27.50 I've ever spent. Wonderful crowd, wonderful night and after deciding to pee before getting a McDonnalds at Paddington before the last train home (I had a 20min window before it arrived) I learnt the hard way that sometimes sensibility doesn't always result in success. By the time I wondered up to McDonnalds it had closed. There's no moral to the story but it at least explains the hangover and the smile on my face after an overall truly Betamax night.

Roll on the next show. NME Koko 15th April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment